Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 2

Warning: Do not wake a sleeping beauty. Ha!

I made the mistake last night saying "Day 2 may be a struggle..." What I should have said "Day 2: I will wake up again at an early time" I won't succeed if I already have it in my head that I will fail.

I got this gem at 5:21am from one of my trusty partners. Jen.


Notice the angry cat? Yea...



Jen-


Yea.. I didn't actually roll out of bed until 6am... shh.. don't tell Jen ;)

It was a long day filled with emotions, stress, work, people, lectures... I spent hours and hours and hours studying and completing modules. Today marks 1 week down of classes.


Today was also my oldest pre-k orientation, which I had to miss due to not being able to miss my morning lab without penalty. :(  Luckily my mother in law is supportive and was able to bring him. He always thinks it's special when he's with Grammie!


After coming home from the college I proceeded to do another hour of online modules. As much as I'd LOVE to keep going through them (insert sarcasm) I'm going to sign off, read with the kidlets, get them ready for bed, crack open an adult beverage with the husband and watch our current favorite show. (for inquiring minds: it's 24.. we are just starting season 5).


Hoping to build up our reader base, but for now.. if anyone out there is reading this.. 
Any other student mom's?? How are you surviving and managing? Any lucky full time student moms also working and taking care of multiple children? As stressful as it can be, you will get through it. I promise. Manage your time well, no point in cheating your way through and taking the easy way out. Remember you are doing this for YOU. Take the time to learn and absorb all you can.

My number one advice of getting through school is to have amazing support. 

If there are any mother's who have been entertaining the idea of going back to school. Do it! Do as much research as you can, figure out what you want to do, talk with as many people as you can, and apply. Have any questions for me? Just ask! 



So my goal for Day 3? Wake up at 5:30am to get some more studying in. Husband works this weekend and I'm working Sunday.. need to get it in at some point, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment