Thursday, August 28, 2014

My "Challenge"... Day 1

I have a new challenge... For my challenge.

I need to become not allergic to mornings..

I do not wake up well. I wake up exhausted. I wake up grumpy, I wake up wanting to lay in bed for hours... But I do get up. No one likes a starving kid, right?

My kids do not sleep through the night. My 4 year hasn't since birth. My 2 year old is starting to get "scary dreams" like her older brother. My 11 month old is hit or miss.. Could wake up once... Four times or sleep through the night!


My typical morning starts anywhere from 6am to 7:30am. We just never know! However, I want to willingly wake up at 5-5:15am every morning before the kids get up to either get a workout in or enjoy a peaceful cup of tea and do my homework... Maybe I could squeeze both in!? 


So last night I set my two trusty alarms. My phone and my husband. I told my husband if I was not awake and alert by the time he left for work he was to pick me up from bed and lay me on the kitchen floor! <--- he knows my morning mood all to well, I really do believe he was legitimately afraid to do that. 

I am going to slowly wake up earlier and earlier every morning. This morning I set my alarm for 5:28am.. I rolled out of bed by 5:45am.

I say: "Day 1 successful!"

Day 2 may be a struggle, but won't be if I get off (my electronics) and get some sleep! 


Now I bid you goodnight Xx

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment